SMSServer needs to be attached to a serial or a USB GSM Modem or mobile phone in order to send and receive SMS. Modems must support following AT+ commands to be fully compatible with SMSServer:
- AT - Establish connection with modem;
- AT+CPIN - Pin code setup;
- AT+CMGF - Text Mode setup;
- AT+CSQ - Signal level request;
- AT+CMGS - Send an SMS;
- AT+CPMS - Setup SMS Storage on phone memory (for ACK SMSs);
- AT+CMGR - Read an SMS from memory (for ACK SMSs);
- AT+CMGD - Delete an SMS from memory (for ACK SMSs).
In case you need it, it is now possible from this website to purchase a modem 100% tested and compatible with SMSServer. Modem model is Gemalto EHS6T-USB, you can find informations, startup guide and technical details on the download section of this website.
Here's a short list of modems tested with SMSServer and available on the market:
- GEMALTO EHS6T-USB - 3G Five Band + 2G Quad Band;
- Cinterion MC55i - 2G Quad Band;
- Cinterion TC35i - 2G Dual Band;
If you are using a modem with SMSServer, please help us creating a compatibility list filling this module.
Your help will be appreciated.